Callanetics Part 3: Leg Toning Exercises
Legs require special attention. Plentiful food contributes to their fullness. Muscle hypertrophy can also be promoted by improperly selected exercises. Heavy, muscular legs shorten the figure. Using different weight loss methods, you can turn them into thin sticks. Callanetic exercises are designed so that your legs are not threatened by either one or the other. They will become slim and regular in shape.
Exercise 11- Leg Toning
- Place your palms in a shoulder width apart position on the back of a chair. Rise as high as possible on your toes. The knees are bent and slightly twisted, the heels are connected. The back is straight, the shoulders are relaxed.
- Lift your head up. Tighten your buttocks, and push your pelvis as far forward as possible.
- Hold for a minute and return the pelvis to its original position.
- On bent legs, keeping your heels together, lower yourself 2 inches.
- Balance one minute on your toes. Keep your butt in.
- Repeat the exercise. “Grow” by inches (while pushing the pelvis forward) and return to the starting position. Then, 2 inches down. Do this three times.
- Cycle: pelvis forward, then back and squat counts as one movement. Remember to keep your shoulders straight.
- It is difficult to stay upright. Be patient! The difficulties will disappear as soon as you strengthen your legs.
Exercise 12. Slim legs
- An exercise very similar to the previous one. The difference is that this time the tension should be maximum: you should already go down by 4 inches.
- Notice: You’re not allowed to flop on your heels. Keep straight.
- Repeat 10 times.
Exercise 13. Slim legs
- The straightened right leg rests on the back of the chair.
- Raising your arms up, stretch your entire body so that the abdominal muscles are felt.
- From this position, tilt towards the foot.
- If you are unable to touch your foot with your fingertips, don’t worry. Relax with your hands on your legs in a comfortable place.
- Smoothly move your torso towards the knee and back. Do this 50 times.
- Do the same on the other side while standing on your right leg.
- If at first you cannot straighten the raised leg, you can do the same exercise with your knee bent. Don’t worry, after a while your leg will straighten itself.
Exercise 14. Slim legs
- With your right leg bent at the knee, lean on the back of a chair, holding it with both hands.
- Straighten your right leg as far as you can.
- Hold your leg straight for a count of 50.
- Repeat the same with the left leg.
- Don’t force anything. Do not force the raised leg to straighten.
- With practice, you’ll be able to stretch the tendons easily.
Return to the main Callanetics page.